Jackal Legacy - Motiv
Release Date: 1/29/2021
The Jackal™ series from MOTIV® has certainly made a big impact in the bowling industry and its reputation for massive performance continues with the Jackal™ Legacy. This hook-beast is designed to handle the heaviest oil conditions any bowler will encounter.
Utilized often in recent years, the Predator™ V2 has proven to be a versatile, strong, and reliable high-performance core. It is used in the Jackal™ Ghost to provide a fantastic benchmark asymmetrical shape and in the more recent Jackal™ Flash to produce the most angular Jackal™ ever made. It also powered the Alpha Jackal™ used by PBA® professional Wesley Low to roll the first-ever sanctioned 900 series with a MOTIV® ball. And now, it is being merged with Coercion™ MXC Solid Reactive cover stock to create the strongest Jackal™ to roll off the MOTIV® production line.
The introduction of Coercion™ MXC (MaXimum Continuation) Solid Reactive cover stock sent waves through the sport. Without a doubt, this is one of the strongest covers in bowling today and what makes it truly special is not just the unbelievable traction! Until now, bowling balls that provided incredible traction in oil were greatly limited because the energy used up front adversely impacted the ability to continue down lane. Coercion™ MXC is most impressive because it gives the solid Jackal™ Legacy superior traction in oil and strong down lane motion with continuation previously thought impossible.
Out of the box, bowlers can expect the powerful solid Jackal™ Legacy to provide loads of traction in heavy oil, a smooth motion, and a controllable shape that minimizes over/under reaction on wet/dry conditions. Obviously, a ball this strong will be of particular interest to speed dominant bowlers on a variety of conditions.
When To Use:
- Speed Dominant - The Jackal Legacy will allow speed dominant players who struggle to see mid lane read with down lane continuation to play their "A Game" with confidence. This is truly a ball made to suit the strengths of the speed dominant player. The Coercion MXC is already known for its incredible mid-lane read and continuation, but when powered by a strong and proven asymmetric core, the results are undeniable. This is truly a speed dominant player's dream.
- Balanced - WIth an incredibly aggressive core/cover combination and the well known versatility of the Predator V2 core, a balanced bowler now has a ball to use when rev dominant players are using the Jackal Ghost. The Jackal Legacy makes a shape comparable to the Jackal Ghost, but with more total hook. A balanced bowler will be able to use the Jackal Legacy on fresh patterns where the Ghost is just too clean and when players who have more rev rate are striking with the Ghost.
- Rev Dominant - The Jackal Legacy is a ball that a rev dominant bowler will carry in their bag so that they ALWAYS have something no matter how much oil they encounter. This is the strongest Jackal ever, and Rev Dominant players can compete with the knowledge that they always have "hook in a box" waiting for them with the Legacy.
- WEIGHT BLOCK: Predator™ V2
- COVER STOCK: Coercion™ MXC Solid Reactive
- FINISH: 2000 Grit LSS
- WEIGHT RANGE 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
- LENGTH 12
- BACKEND 16
- HOOK 64
- FLARE POTENTIAL 7"+
- 16 RADIUS OF GYRATION 2.48 MAX DIFFERENTIAL .047 INT. DIFFERENTIAL .013
- 15 RADIUS OF GYRATION 2.47 MAX DIFFERENTIAL .054 INT. DIFFERENTIAL .015
- 14 RADIUS OF GYRATION 2.51 MAX DIFFERENTIAL .049 INT. DIFFERENTIAL .014
- 13 RADIUS OF GYRATION 2.57 MAX DIFFERENTIAL .040 INT. DIFFERENTIAL .011
- 12 RADIUS OF GYRATION 2.64 MAX DIFFERENTIAL .030 INT. DIFFERENTIAL .010